Saturday, May 10, 2014

At the Whitney Museum



Knowing that you'll be at a certain place for sometime can make one lax about exploring. When I wen to Barcelona, I only had 3 days and so forced myself to get out of bed and to walk for hours. I made sure to see every major tourist destinations. Here in NYC though, knowing that I would be here for quite a while, I haven't really been going around much. How many weekends did I tell myself that I would go out to see this or that only to end up staying in bed and on the interwebz, telling myself that there'll be other days. Thus, it took me 3 years before I finally set foot at the Whitney Museum. 

Man, I should have done this before. Also, I wish I took notes and could tell you who made who, but I can't. I just took pictures of artworks that struck me the most without even thinking that I would someday blog about them. My bad. Maybe next time!






Reminds me of a Stephen King book cover.



The Museum isn't as crowded as the MET or the MOMA.



I think that this is my favorite.




Amazing what people can do with wires.






I love this chandelier made of wine glasses!







I like this guy's sweater!



I'm on a suit phase. 

We took the stairwell and these were spread around the corners.

Not creepy at all.


2 comments:

Labels

airline review (1) animals (3) Barcelona (2) beach (7) buildings (2) Cairo (14) children (5) color (1) drawing/painting (4) Egypt (12) erin (4) exercise (1) flower (1) food (4) iped (13) JVP (7) Museums (4) New York (23) Philippines (4) Photography (1) photos (1) Red Sea (1) South Africa (4) Spain (1) sun (1) sunset (1) travel (44) video (1) videoke (1) wael (4)

Why you should Travel (click photo)