A day with a seal

So here I am wide awake at 5 am, eating chocolate that was supposed to be for family and friends. These days, I'm usually knocked out by 8pm.  Last night I tried to work out but found myself falling asleep while trying to lift weights. And now I'm wide awake. It's still the first week days of classes so there really isn't any homework. So here I am. Blogging. 
DSC_0558
One of things I enjoyed the most in our South Africa study tour was seeing all the animals. And even before we got to the Safari, we were able to enjoy the company of this cute, chubby seal!!! yay. Look at that huge tummy. hahaha.

This happened during our weekend in Cape Town, which, by the way, is one of the most beautiful places I've seen. Also, if you've noticed, I don't blog in chronological order. This is not that kind of blog. This space is basically a record of how I see the world. In literary terms, it's a view of my poetic memory. And as it happens, memory is hardly ordered or organized.

Yes, this could be another excuse for some lousy blogging on my part.

Anyway, here are the pictures!


DSC_0489




If you're wondering how I gained all this extra weight, then wonder no more. Just look at my breakfast.

It was dark, gloomy and cold in Cape Town. Perfect day for a nap, which is exactly what I did everytime we rode that van.

All of a sudden we were in some port somewhere.

And we saw this seal.

We got to have our pictures with it.

But for a fee.

It was fun and all, but I can't help but feel sorry for the seal.

There's tita Alma, Dr. S's wife. or as he calls her "The Wife"


Here's Liz, having second doubts about riding that seal.

But she did it anyway.


And so did I.


Best in posing: Bea.

Pang variety show,

Mahwish looked deathly afraid.


Like a dog ya'll.




With Andrew, one of our undergrads on the trip.



I want to rub that belly so bad. And kiss it.

Xiaoli.


Yari!


And as with other things in life, it was time to move on.



Comments

Popular Posts