First day in South Africa


From Cairo, I flew to South Africa for a 3 week study tour. Being the eager beaver that I was, I arrived at 4am in the airport and had to wait for everyone else to arrive, 5 hours later. Needless to say, the airport and I became very intimate. hahaha.



I actually love airports. I like sitting around and watching people. The nervous expectation on their faces as they wait for their loved ones, the excitement, the joy.

Some lucky passenger got greeted with balloons. I want one!


This kid just went running to her mom and gave her the tightest hug I've ever seen.


Finally Sean arrived. Then Moses came to pick up the rest. I've never been happier to see my IPED classmates. I spent 2 wonderful months all alone in Cairo and it was good to see familiar faces.



In the afternoon we went to a flea market and saw this guy.

He had a long drawn out introduction about what he would try to accomplish.

So we started walking away.

Then he did this.


Awesome sauce.



In the evening we picked Elena, Mahwish and Maria from the airport. And went straight to McDonald's. hahaha.

And it was time for bed.

Comments

Popular Posts