Money, money, money Must be funny In the rich man's world - WALL STREET

DSC_0045


Yes, those are the lyrics to an old ABBA song. Judge me, why don't you.


Even as a kid, growing up in my tiny province in the Philippines, I've always been in awe of Wall Street. I always thought that I would be a stock broker. I loved the competitiveness of it all, the rush, the uncertainty, the risks. I would look at the newspaper to check on the stocks of the more popular companies, not knowing how it actually works.

But life has a way of throwing you off the path you'd want to take. Sometimes it does so by hitting you with a figurative car until you're forced to move to another street. Sometimes that figurative car is also literal. 

Anyway, with friends, Claudia and Nikko (yes he's also using my name. The nerve) I got to walk around Wall Street again. And yes, the whole place stinks of money, money, money. 
DSC_0009


\

DSC_0011
One day, I'd like to ring the bell inside the NY Stock Exchange.



DSC_0012



\

DSC_0014


\

DSC_0016



\

DSC_0017

I'd tell you the name of this church if I could remember.

\

DSC_0022
We went inside a small financial museum and saw these.

\

DSC_0028
Inside Tiffany. Yes, the jewelry store. What a great way to decorate the place!! Recreating the process of looking for diamonds by sifting through sand and soil!! Brilliant. Then you remember the movie Blood Diamond and you want to cry.

\

DSC_0029


\

DSC_0031


\

DSC_0033
Recreating Breakfast at Tiffany's.

\

DSC_0035

Then it was time for us to go home.

\

DSC_0037


\

DSC_0039


\

DSC_0040


\

DSC_0044



\

DSC_0045



\

DSC_0046

Comments

Popular Posts