Tips and Things I learned from visiting the American Museum of Natural History

DSC_0299

In my previous blog post I introduced you to my love of my Museums. I'm so in love with this one that here's part 2 and some tips  and things I learned from my visit in the Museum of Natural History.


1. Like most other museums in New York, you don't have to pay the exact suggested entrance fee of 14 dollars. But since it was my first time, I paid the full amount anyway. Think of it as your contribution. This museum in particular is worth every dollar. Your 14 dollars will surely benefit generations of museum goers.

2. Bring a bottle of water because you'll be doing a lot of walking. There's a cafeteria inside but it's expensive.

3. Dinosaurs rule! And it's frightening to think of what could have possibly ended the rule of such powerful creatures. We puny humans wouldn't stand a chance against such a phenomenon.

4. I wish dinosaurs were alive so I could ride on their backs.

5. In any case, whale sharks are not extinct and are just as huge. I wouldn't mind riding on the back of those mammals. (so, yeah. apparently, this is illegal. So kids, don't ride on the back of whale sharks! Even if you're in a rush to get somewhere, don't ride them! However I don't know of any laws that prevents whale sharks from riding your back. There's an idea.)

6. Museums don't need to be as boring as watching paint dry, or watching Tom Cruise try to win an Oscar. Many exhibits are interactive. In the dinosaur exhibit for example, one can touch and rub some of the skulls of dinosaurs. There's also a section playing videos about dinosaurs and the universe. It's awesome, I tell you, it's AWESOME!!!

7. There's a baggage counter for those who are carrying their month's worth of luggage because they're going straight to the airport to fly home and they wanted to squeeze in another field trip before leaving.

8. The museum has several entry points on various floors, so coordinate well if you're meeting someone who doesn't have a cellphone. Otherwise you'll find yourself walking to every entrance, looking like a mad man. Not that this has ever happened to me before.

9. If you have kids, you should bring them here every weekend. They'll never run our of things to do, plus they'll get smart. That's not to say that everyone who goes to a museum automatically becomes smart. It depends on what you're kids will do there. If your kid suddenly starts chewing on some dinosaur bone... well.

10. Bring a camera. And an extra memory card.

11. Make sure you have enough time, say a day, to go around the museum. Otherwise you'd be speeding through galleries and you wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of dead mammals and reptiles, right?

So here are the pictures:


DSC_0259



DSC_0260



DSC_0261



DSC_0262



DSC_0264



DSC_0267



DSC_0269




DSC_0271



DSC_0274



DSC_0276



DSC_0283




DSC_0282
II wish we went here for school when I was little.



DSC_0285



DSC_0288



DSC_0289




DSC_0290




DSC_0292







DSC_0293



DSC_0295



DSC_0297



DSC_0299

Look at that!!!

DSC_0304



DSC_0203



DSC_0201



DSC_0308



DSC_0314



DSC_0315



DSC_0317



DSC_0320



DSC_0323



DSC_0326
Nikko, my friend, not me (I rarely talk about myself in the third person), went straight to the airport after the museum visit.


DSC_0327

Comments

Popular Posts