So yes, I just quoted a Lady Gaga song. So sue me. I've been posting a lot of beach pictures lately. I think I really just need to go to the beach. I will admit that I have a fear of drowning. This may be because when I was a child someone pushed me on the pool and I almost died.
But still, I love the beach. And here are the reasons why I love the beach:
1. For me, it is the place where poetry is born. I mean, the ocean itself is poetry in motion! The calm waves that can suddenly turn violent, the blue of its water that seem to mirror the sky, the clashing of waters agains mountains and rocks. I could go on forever.
2. The sea is just beautiful. I can't tell you how many sketches, drawing and paintings of the ocean I've done.
3. It's calming. There's something about the sound of the ocean waves that's very calming. One time, in Camiguin, I just closed my eyes and fell asleep on the sand. I woke up sunburned but happy. You just forget everything and leave all your problems behind. You say zen? I say beach!
4. Salt water! How amazing is that that the water in the ocean tastes like my favorite chips! haha. Just make sure you don't get salt water in your eyes.
5. It never gets boring. You can spend days on end by the sea and you'll never get bored. You can run beside it, swim, build sand castles etc.
6. I love swimming!!I love the feel of the water on my skin. I love the how the sand crawls between my toes and fingers. I love how it's a good fun exercise.
7. It's huge! I don't know about you, but the experience of sitting on the sand and just looking at how truly big the ocean is can be overwhelming. In a way it puts things into perspective by reminding you of how small a creature you are and how you're part of something bigger and more wonderful.
8. The birds and the fish! The beach is a good place to be if you love sea creatures and birds. This is why I took scuba diving lessons even if I was afraid of drowning. And wow. I don't know why Ariel would even want to leave that place! So many variety of fish I've never seen before. And it's so quiet 18 meters below! Advertising: Scuba Diving in the Philippines is unbeatable just because we have on of the most diverse fish and coral population.
9. Sunsets and sunrises. The combo of ocean and the sun setting or rising, depending on where in the world you are, will always be a winner. The red, orange and pink hues that cast a reflection on the blue sea as the sky darkens or lightens is a sight to be hold and may just be enough to make you believe in a creator.
10. Great pictures! If you're a photographer, or an amateur like me, then the ocean is the easiest place to take good pictures. Every angle is just photogenic.
I'm sure there's lots more you can add to the list, feel free to comment. Right now, I'm gonna close my eyes and imagine the waves on my feet!
Oh and the picture above is taken in Laiya Batangas just as the sun was rising.